Wednesday, October 19, 2016

How Long Will I Love You

It's been two years of wedded bliss. Holy wow. 

I have a feeling that this feeling of "what the heck?!" will only get more and more every year. I am so thankful that I was lucky to meet my person as a baby. JK, I was 19 but it feels like a baby looking back on it. I have grown so much since then and I've become a better person because I have such an amazing partner supporting me.



I've mentioned a few times my thoughts on us being married young and how I don't care about falling into a Southern "stereotype" or how people tell me that "I'm missing out on things" because I'm married. That feeling is reinforced every single day that I wake up to this face: 
Teehee. But, honestly, I don't really wake up to that face because he leaves for work before me and he's always so sweet to let me sleep. And by that I mean he's probably scared to wake me because I'm a morning monster. 
I feel so blessed that this man supports my desire to work hard and understands that at the end of the day I don't always want to slave away in front of a stove, then wash all the dishes and do all the laundry, etc., etc., etc. He is my true partner in that we share everything from the household chores to our bad days and Ellie snuggles (well, really, I hog those because I'm her favorite, duh). 

Well...maybe. 
The last year has been so amazing from trips together, really starting to make this house a home, lots of Ellie snuggles and just so many laughs and tears and love between us. I can't wait to see what year three brings us! (As long as it's not a baby ;) ) 

Here's a few of my favorites from the day: our first look! 

Oh and the title of this post comes from our first dance song "How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding (I wonder how we named Ellie Dice...). 

No comments: