Tuesday, October 20, 2015

One year.

Yesterday marked one year of marriage for Christian and I.

Honestly, we've been together for 5 years so this year wasn't much different than the year before.. except it kind of was. There's something so wonderful about being able to say "my husband" and to truly be a partnership taking on the world together.

All of a sudden, we were a true family. Yes, I have felt that Christian was my family for a few years but having it set in stone, legally, made it all the more real and all the more amazing. I know that every night I will come home to my rock, my knight in shining armor, the man who makes me want to strangle him and snuggle him in the exact same moment, the guy who will defend me no matter what but will still tell me when I'm wrong and the guy that thinks I'm perfect even in my most selfish moments.

Last year, for Christmas, I made both of our parents a wedding album and within in each book I had different quotes, song lyrics that played throughout our wedding day and even a snippet from Christian's vows. I looked back on it today and really loved a quote I put in the book:

"The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make on your wedding day, and over and over again."

I love this. And I think it's so true. Marriage is more than a wedding. It's easy to be swept up in all the wedding nonsense (and I totally was, too) but that day is about your love as a couple and I loved all the little moments Christian and I had together to savor the moments and think about the huge commitment we were making to each other.

One year later, and I'm even more in love with Christian than I was then.

And in honor of those little moments, I want to post our first look pictures. Every one has mixed feelings about the first look but I wouldn't change a thing! I was so nervous about the whole "standing in front of everyone all day" thing and as soon as I saw Christian I was just pure excitement. We both put each other at such ease and I'm so happy we had those giggle moments together.
















post signature

No comments: