Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Leap.

Yesterday, I took a leap of faith. (Oh, and hello. Hi, it's Leslie. I used to blog here).

I quit my job. I'm still letting it sink in a little, but so far I love it.

Let me back up a little, here.

I've mentioned work a few times here on the blog before: Like when I started and how much I loved it. And then again when I started to really dislike it.. And once more when I was promoted, got my own team of sales agents and fell back in love with it. So as you can see, the last two years have been a roller coaster of emotions, a million changes and a lot of learning and growth.

Over the last 3-4 months, it became obvious that my time there was coming to end. I've never had a boss dislike me, but it became very obvious my new boss (she became my boss end of December) did not like me and made me dread going to work.
I was given an earlier schedule in January and by March, I was working 3p-midnight.. AGAIN. I worked that late shift the majority of the last two years and I was told this would be "temporary" originally. At the end of March, it was made obvious that I wasn't getting an earlier schedule any time in the foreseeable future. Some other comment were made that same week that made it clear it was time to go.

I went home that night and started updating my LinkedIn, resume and drafting cover letters and immediately started sending out resumes. After about a month, one of my best friends told me a friend of hers had posted some job openings at her company she thought I would like. I applied and about a week later, that friend of a friend contacted me and asked me to come in for an interview.

That interview was two Thursday's ago at 9am and the next day I had a job!!!

I gave my two week's notice last week at work, but some things happened on Monday that made it clear my run was going to be up a few days earlier than planned.

Many people told me "just quit today" "make today your last day" "don't tell them until the day you're ready to leave", etc. That's not my style at all. I was dead set on giving a two weeks notice and plenty of time for them to prepare a replacement for me even though I wasn't treated with the same respect in other aspects.
So, yesterday, I went in a few hours early, walked down to HR and let them know I was done. It was liberating! I had no idea what to do with myself yesterday and it didn't really sink in until today. Like right now, I should be driving to work. Instead I'm blogging and watching Gilmore Girls after already grocery shopping and prepping dinner. I still have plans to clean the downstairs and go to Pure Barre!

I start my new job on June 1, and we'll be in Hawaii later this month so I'm going to enjoy these days of nothing because I'll be working a normal schedule, regular weekends and trying to learn to live like the rest of the world!
Also, I plan on blogging again. At least until I start work ;)

post signature

2 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

Oh my goodness girl! Go you! Sounds like you handled the situation very professionally and this new company is lucky to have you!!! :) enjoy some time off and watch as much netflix as possible...hehe!

Becky said...

Haha I understand not blogging while working - I've been slacking these past couple of months! I'm glad you took the leap! You shouldn't be settling for your job either because of the insane amount of time we have to spend there :) I hope you love your new job! Enjoy all this glorious time off!!!