Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Why I Suck at Being a Girl

I've seen a couple of posts like this before and  I've always thought they were quite hysterical. And,  sometimes I do something and sit back and realize how much I sincerely suck at being a girl.



I suck at shaving my legs.  First of all, I hate doing this. Hate, hate, hate. Did I mention I hate it? When I do finally get around to doing it, I pretty much always miss my knees somehow. So I'm voting we just stop participating in this activity as an entire gender....... yeah, I had a feeling no one else would agree with me. And I'm sure Christian wouldn't either..



I'm terrible at putting on eyeliner. I actually wear eyeliner about 5 times a month. Cue everyone's shock and judgement. I have really big eyes, and when I was younger, I was convinced it would make my eyes look smaller (yes, it can if you wear it like a raccoon, obviously). But, as a result, I just never really learned how to do it. I can put it on for a night out or special event but it always takes me a little longer than normal girls.


I wear about one piece of jewelry a day. Whoops, huge blogger no-no, I know. But I'm simple. I see jewelry and I think it's absolutely gorgeous (especially these statement necklaces!) but I'm too cheap to buy it. I always think "Buuuuuut I could buy two tops instead..." or something along those lines. So I stick to the pretty and simple jewelry I've gotten from Christian.


I don't like Starbucks. Don't get me wrong here, I'm a huge caffeine addict. I worked at a coffee shop in high school that roasted the beans 20 minutes away, sealed them and sent them straight to us. We would immediately grind and brew them. THAT is fresh coffee. Starbucks just tastes stale to me.

This is where it's roasted!
I don't drink diet soda. Kind of along the lines of Starbucks here, but I want all my calories in my soda. No diet, zero, C2, etc for this girl. First of all, aspartame. I was told it kills your brain cells or something so I'd rather just kill my stomach. Normal. I also cannot stand how it tastes. YUCK.


post signature

9 comments:

Erin said...

haha this is pretty much me. every damn time i wear shorts/skirts I find a big spot i missed shaving. gross :)

Anonymous said...

Co sign every one of these - except for instead of just missing my knees, I unfailingly hack a chuck off them and permanently look like a 5 year old with band aids on my knees all the time! Weirdly enough, I have been noticing recently that Swedish women don't seem to shave their legs much - almost never above the knee.

Alyssa said...

Hahah I love this. I'm with you on the Starbucks thing... I like it okay, but there's a place here in GSO that gets locally roasted beans too, and it's amazing. Also, local places are always better than Starbucks in general.

Katelyn @ Imperfect Perfection said...

I such at being a girl, too...this pretty much sums up me!

http://the-imperfect-perfection.blogspot.com/

The Life You Love said...

Such a funny post! I can totally relate because I suck at being a girl too. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I found your blog on the GFC lovin' blog hop, and I'm now following you. I can't wait to read more!

Xoxo,
Samantha | www.lifestreamthoughts.blogspot.com

smilingrid said...

same as ^ I popped on over because of the blog hop! Gotta say, I am very seriously loving your blog :) I was nodding and giggling my way through this whole post!

Ingrid
smilingridm.blogspot.com

Sara Elizabeth said...

I am horrible at putting on eyeliner too and as far as statement jewelry, I have like 2 bubble necklaces (which I hardly ever wear) haha

Bla bla said...

Haha! This post really made me laugh! Just like I wrote it :)
Great blog!!!

Cheers
Anika
http://silver-carousel.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

I am so with you on the leg shaving. It's dumb and I don't understand why we do it. It's such a hassle. I'm also with you on the jewelry, and I hate putting on eyeliner (but I always do because I have squinty eyes). The only things I disagree with you on are your drink choices. I have a Starbucks obsession (but I don't get coffee beverages) and I can't stand coke. I know it's bad for me, but diet just tastes so much better!

Also, I tagged you in this Liebster award thing on my blog today; check it out! :)