Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So about this heat...

I don't like it. Not at all. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons with winter a close second and summer in last place. Unpopular opinion, I know. I love the idea of summer but in reality, I don't like it all that much. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pool days, lake days, water park days, etc. But, if there is no water immediately available to me to cool off with, then I hate it.

Summer also provides me with a lot of beauty issues. I feel like I never look good during the summer. Of course having a tan helps this issue a little bit, but when you're going to work 5 days a week and trying to look pulled together when its 99 degrees outside, a tan isn't going to cut it.

Here's a few things I swear by in the summer to attempt from looking like a hot mess.

BB Cream. I've talked about this before, but I adore this stuff. It does a pretty good job of keeping me covered up while also not melting off my face as quickly as foundation does.



Fast food napkins. Please don't judge me, here, but they work better than any "oil blotting" squares I've paid for in the past. And you can always get as many as you need!



Baby powder. I have a post planned to go more in depth on this one, but I have oily hair. Plus it's permed. As a result, me and dry shampoo don't get alone. Curly hair is seen as being dry so all the curly hair dry shampoos make my hair gross. And since the one's for straight hair have to be brushed out, that doesn't work either. Enter baby powder.



Ice. Okay, I do use this all year round but it's easier in the summer. After my shower every morning, I grab an ice cube and rub it all over my face, and especially under my eyes and any red bumps that may be popping up. I use the ice cube until it completely melts. This helps tighten everything up and can help shrink some redness. I really notice a difference under my eyes though. And of course, it cools you down in the awful heat!



Leave in conditioner.  I have permed, colored hair. Yet, as I mentioned it's also still a little oily. This makes life really hard sometimes. A solution I've found in the summer for pool days to protect the color/perm is a very light weight leave in conditioner. It's also good to leave your hair somewhat damp when doing this!

Dove mousse. This is a new find, thanks to my mom! She didn't like it but I seriously love it. I will run it through my hair and then dry just my roots with a hair dryer. I then let my hair air dry with the windows down on the way to work. It cuts any frizziness and still leaves my hair soft and curly!


What do you guys use to help combat the heat?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always grab napkins to blot as well- or those brown paper towels from the bathroom. They always work and are free :)

Chelsee W said...

The whole blotting truly helps:) Great post!

Amanda said...

I've never heard the ice thing before! I've heard of using it on zits, but never on your whole face- everyday. Definitely trying this- I have the sleepiest eyes :)

Amanda @ Cats, Cuddling, & Carrot Cake