Thursday, January 10, 2013

And so it begins...

Job Hunt 2013. 

Last night, I officially began pressing "apply" on jobs I have been looking at all winter break. I think I had a mild panic attack with each one, but I woke up a bit ago to two responses on my resume wanting to set up initial interviews! 

I was so overwhelmed last night that I couldn't even sleep. This process is so extremely stressful to me because come May I want to know that I am moving to Charlotte with a purpose and stability. I want to move into an apartment and I want to start the next adventure in my life. I do not want to be stuck at Cracker Barrel forever. I want to leave that job when I leave school. 

By not moving home after graduation, I'm not moving back into a safe and comforting environment. Yes, my grandparents are wonderful but I don't want to live with them indefinitely like every single other member of my family has. I feel this need to prove myself and succeed quickly. I'm ready to stand completely on my own two feet. 

I think if I could relax and lessen the pressure I'm putting on myself to succeed quickly, this job hunt process might be a little easier and maybe a little bit fun. But, I know myself and I know that I am too much of a planner to relax. So wish me luck and let's hope I don't overwhelm myself too much!

Is anyone else job hunting right now? How are you handling the pressure?

No comments: